USDA/FAS Civil Rights Training For Federally-Assisted Recipient Colleges or Universities
Who Must Participate?
- Faculty, staff, students, and subcontractors whose university does not provide them with Equal Opportunity or civil rights training.
- Faculty, staff, students, and subcontractors of organizations that receive federal funds and who are responsible for making decisions, dealing with program funds, and/or implementing activities on behalf of programs funded by FAS.
- New faculty, staff, students, and subcontractors must complete their training before their first anniversary.
- Individuals that have previously completed these courses and have documentation on file to this effect are only required to complete new courses.
- Faculty, staff, students, and subcontractors may be exempt if they do not have recruitment, hiring, or have any program implementation or management responsibilities.
- Following is a list of the required civil rights training courses. The Workplace Harassment Training module has a separate module for managers and supervisors and non-supervisory and managers.
NOTE: Upon completing these modules, sign the Affirmation Of Course Completion Form and submit it to your university/college. The Affirmation Of Course Completion Form must be submitted to your university/college to ensure you are given credit for completing the courses. The university/college must keep the form on file and, upon request, make them available to the USDA/TFAA/FAS Office of Civil Rights.
Please do not send any forms to the USDA/TFAA/FAS Office of Civil Rights.
Civil Rights Overview
Stopping Sexual Harassment Before It Starts
Workplace Harassment Training